Wednesday 18 April 2012

I still use brushes

I came across this artwork by Arman called 'I still use Brushes' (1969) when visiting the MOMA in NYC. It consists of many red paintbrushes embedded in plastic in an acrylic box and is 80" square in size. I was immediately struck by the colour, pattern and line as well as the interesting and striking use of everyday objects to create a very eye catching image. I think this would be a great starting point for collage or sculpture work using found objects and for opening up students' eyes as to what is encompassed by art.












I took photogaphs of the artwork while in the museum and the basic information noted above was copied whilst there. It can also be accessed online at http://www.moma.org/m#art_main by searching the collection with the painting title.

No comments:

Post a Comment