Saturday 12 January 2013

Circles





Over the holidays I decided I wanted to try to further explore and develop some of my paintings by shattering them into different layers. I use a technique where I arrange the images into a slideshow with a specific transition effect applied and them capture screenshots of the images as they are 'shattering' and 'dissolving' during the transitions. I resize and rearrange the images to get different effects. This is a very exciting and 'wayfaring' process as you can never predict the exact effect that will be produced, the impact of the arrangement of images, or the moment of capture.

I then take the screenshots and further develop them using a wide range of digital painting and photographic tools until I feel a sense of completion.

I created the image above using the process I have outlined from this original painting:




This was the interim stage before I added colour:




No comments:

Post a Comment