Monday 29 October 2012

Acrylic experiments

I have been working with some of my digital images and exploring them further with traditional media. In particular I have enjoyed using acrylic paint applied thickly with large brushes.

Here you can see photos of some of the acrylic paintings followed by their digital inspiration.

Acrylic 1:




Inspiration 1:




Acrylic 2:




Inspiration 2:




I tried working at different scales to see what effect the size of the piece would have. Here are some images of the works in progress with reference images to illustrate the size differences:









Although the marks in this image below are unsophisticated for a digital image, I really liked the texture it suggested to me and wanted to recreate it using swirling acrylic brushstrokes. The painting above is a development of the one below.




No comments:

Post a Comment