Thursday 1 November 2012

Graffiti

This simple piece of graffiti caught my attention when I was out for a short walk. I likes the contrast of the colours and the shapes of the letters on the smooth, reflective surface:





I began to explore and deconstruct the image. Here are some of my works in progress showing the steps I went through to create the final image:
















I then layered the image on top of itself a number of times, each time displacing the image slightly, picking out specific shapes and lines with colour, and altering the layer opacity. This created a sense of confusion and a feeling of being 'out of focus':







I then 'painted' or recreated the image using the words that had originally been written as the graffiti:







This was the finished piece:




No comments:

Post a Comment