Saturday 10 March 2012

Alpine landscape - developed





I have been further developing the artwork from my previous post 'Alpine Landscape'. I was very interested in the unpredictable shapes and lines that were produced by spreading the digital 'paint' of the photo onto a coarse canvas. I wanted to focus on just the blue shapes in the background for my next work so I isolated this area:



I then imported it into ArtRage and began to explore the shapes, colour and lines I could create using the palette knife. I then filled different sections, lines and shapes. This was my first attempt:




I repeated the process a number of times until I was happy with the result:




Lastly I experimented with a range of photo editing tools to further develop the image. I really liked this effect as it reminded me of the glare of snow in the bright sun:




No comments:

Post a Comment