Wednesday 7 March 2012

Alpine landscape

I am very interested I the idea of transforming images and creating new paintings from relatively simple photos / images. I love the way they almost evolve from the shapes and the colours of the original image but take on an entirely new form. As such I have been continuing to experiment with photos I have taken and develop them in different ways.

I painted this landscape digitally, transforming it out of a very simple photo:




This was the original image:



I then altered the colour, saturation, contrast, etc using a range of photo editing apps and separated out the colour layers slightly:









I then experimented with the image using a range of different painting tools in ArtRage to create the final effect. The colours and shapes in the background suggest an Alpine scene to me which is something I will develop further.

No comments:

Post a Comment